Are you facing any Norton nu16 error in your Mac OS and getting alerts like the damaged disk driver or the system files? Read this below article to get help regarding the issues.
Straightaway, replacing the disk driver might be risky because if any of the steps gets wrong, it may be formatted to the Startup Disk. The correct procedures may vary according to the disk drive manufacturer and you need to consult the user’s guide that came along with the hard disk, for further instructions.
You need to visit Norton.com/nu16 for downloading the Norton Utility software.
Follow the steps as listed below to replace the damaged disk driver-
- Switch on your Mac OS
- Use the particular disk that contains the setup utility and use the same for formatting the hard disk.
- Open the Norton Utility 16 application.
- Search for ‘Update or Reinstall Driver’, after you’re done with locating the volume.
- Select ‘Update Driver’ in Norton Drive setup.
- Search for an update or replace driver feature in the Norton Utility and select it, after you are sure of the following things
- Choose the correct volume for the Norton Driver update.
- Update the Norton Driver, wouldn’t cause the volume to be initialized. If the Norton utility 16 warns you about the same then there is no need to proceed further.
- Reboot your Mac OS after you have successfully completed updating the Norton Driver.
- Run Norton Disk Doctor, to make sure no other issue persists.
Replacing the damaged system files in Mac OS might remove any special system beep sound, which you have installed in the damaged system file. In order to get rid of this issue, you need to refer your Mac OS user’s guide and follow the correct steps to perform a clean System install.
For installing any Norton products, you need to visit norton.com/setup.