Are you tired of attending the unwanted calls from a particular person or from the company? And done with all the applications available in the market to stop this disturbance? Read this article to get help.
Norton Setup has come up with the most outstanding feature, call blocking in its mobile security. Call blocking feature is available in the market only for the Android phones. But on Android 4.4 or later, the text messages blocking aren’t supported.
Here, in this article learn how to use Block list as well as configure the call blocking settings in Norton Mobile security.
Check the steps as shown below to use the block list in the Norton Mobile Security-
- You need to check your Android phone whether it is ready to do the process.
- Install the Norton Mobile Security app from the home screen.
- At the bottom of the mobile window, open the ‘Device’ screen.
- Select the ‘Call blocking’ option.
- Click on the ‘Blocklist’ tab to perform any one of the following tasks in order to use the block list.
- In order to block a contact from the call logs or contacts:
Click on the add icon and select a contact from the ‘Call log’ or ‘Contacts’ list. Select the option ‘Ok’ to confirm.
Select ‘Also remove from the contacts?’ option to remove it.
- Add a new contact to the block list:
On the ‘New’ tab, enter the contact name and the number. Click on the ‘Block this number’ option and press ‘Ok’ to confirm.
- Block all the calls from the particular country:
On the ‘New’ tab, select the ‘Block a country’ option to block the country and the country code from the drop-down list. Select the ‘Ok’ option to confirm.
- Edit a contact:
Select the ‘Blocklist’ tab, to edit the name or the number. Click on ‘Save’ option.
- Remove the selective contact from the Block list:
In the ‘Blocklist’ hold and swipe the contact to the left in order to remove the contact. Click on the ‘Trash’ icon to delete it.
- Delete all the contacts from the block list:
Click on the ‘Clear Block list’ at the bottom of the screen and select the ‘Ok’ option to confirm.
Note– If you wish to download the Norton for your computer, in order to enjoy its features then you need to visit Norton.com/setup.
To configure the call blocking settings for your Android phone, you need to follow the steps as listed below-
- Launch the Norton Mobile Security application.
- In the bottom of the main window, open the ‘Device’ screen.
- Select the ‘Call Blocking’ option.
- Under the ‘Block’ option, on the ‘Settings’ tab, do any one of the following-
- Select the ‘Unknown Numbers’ to block all the unknown callers.
- Select the ‘Numbers not in the contacts’ to block all the callers that are saved in your contact list.
- On the ‘Settings tab’, under ‘Prompt me’ option, to configure the notifications, to select any one of the following-
- When I often decline a number not saved in my contact lists.
- After the number isn’t present in the contacts.
In case you wish to purchase any Norton products, you need to login after visiting Norton My Account page.