Norton Power Eraser is a small portable executable that is used for Norton Insight in the cloud application to scan the system. It works aggressively to remove the threats which ordinary virus scanning fails to remove. It also matches with the application found on the user’s system with the list of trusted as well as malicious applications. Depending on the list in which the applications are found, further steps are taken.
Suppose your system got seized by the hackers and you’re facing difficulty in detecting or removing it then Norton Power Eraser might help you to remove the threats from the system. It also includes detecting and removing the security threats that are impersonated application often known as scareware, rogueware or scamware. These tools use the more advanced technique than the Norton product, thus the possibility remains that it may remove the legitimate programs to keep the infected programs.
Note– If you want to download and install any of the Norton products then you can visit Norton.com/setup link.
When you for scanning and fixing the threats, Norton Power Eraser create a system restore point which lets you restore the files which you might have accidentally removed, with the ‘Undo Previous Fix’ option.
Here, are the steps to scan the system with the use of Norton Power Eraser–
- Open the Norton setup product, Norton Power Eraser window.
- Click on the ‘Security’ options.
- Select the ‘Scan’ option.
- Click on the ‘Norton Power Eraser’ option.
- Select the ‘Go’ option.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ option, in the Norton Power Eraser.
- Select the ‘Advanced Scans’ in the Norton Power Eraser main window.
- Click on the ‘System Scan’.
- Review the scan results and follow the on-screen instructions to fix the security threats detected.
Note- For purchasing Norton Power Eraser you need to create a Norton Account to proceed with the next steps, successfully.